Get BT public address in BLE mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone.

Do we have a possibility to get PUBLICK BT ADDRESS of remote device in BLE connection. For today in processing of  event "GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT "  (connect to android device) I take BT ADDRESS from struct type " wiced_bt_gatt_connection_status_t ". But according " addr_type " field, this event return BLE_ADDR_RANDOM. But I need to know BLE_ADDR_PUBLIC.

Do we have API or could somebody recommend me algorithm how to do it ?

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

The addr_type is determined by peer side. If you case, the android device's addr_type is random, so you get the addr_type = RANDOM. If you want the public addr type, we need connect to a device which use the public address.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

The addr_type is determined by peer side. If you case, the android device's addr_type is random, so you get the addr_type = RANDOM. If you want the public addr type, we need connect to a device which use the public address.

Regards

Jenson

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jenson.

As I understand, we can't get PUBLICK BT ADDRESS in case of Android device connected my device. Right ?

Regards,

Aleksandr

0 Likes

Hi Aleksandr

Generally, most Android use the random address. I am not sure whether it determined by Android version or device vendor.

But you can use the BLE kit or dongle to act as central which should support public address.

Regards

Jenson

0 Likes