Missing SCB_Bootloader.cywrk example for PSoC 4 CY8CKIT-049 Prototyping Kits

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

...or I can't find them anyway.  I am using Creator 4.1 and installed the CY8CKIT-049-42xx Kit Only (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) as I have been using Creator for awhile and did not need it re-installed.  I was expecting to find the SCB_Bootloader.cywrk workspace somewhere but have not been able to find where it might be.  It does not appear in the Start Page -> Kits where I would expect it per the kit user's guide and video on the PSoC 4 CY8CKIT-049 Prototyping Kits page.

There is a Bootloader and Bootloadable in the File->Code Examples dialog in Creator but there is no "Bootloadable Blinking LED" example anywhere to be found.  I am starting a class in Embedded Systems at my workplace and would like to use the PSoC 4 based kit as an affordable and much more powerful alternative to the Arduino but this is a major stumbling block as I design my lectures.  The documentation and video for this kit do not match Creator 4.1 and the examples can't be found. 

Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Robert,

If you are using Win 7 system, can you find the KIT-049 code example in installed folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-049-42xx\1.0\Firmware\SCB_Bootloader ?

If not, recommend to have a try to re-install KIT-049 Kit Only again. Maybe the CE was removed or moved to any other place.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Robert,

If you are using Win 7 system, can you find the KIT-049 code example in installed folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-049-42xx\1.0\Firmware\SCB_Bootloader ?

If not, recommend to have a try to re-install KIT-049 Kit Only again. Maybe the CE was removed or moved to any other place.

Thanks,

Ryan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ryan!  I am using Windows 10.  I did a reinstall of the  CY8CKIT-049-42xx Kit Only (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) file and it magically worked this time!  Not sure what I was doing wrong before but the "SCB_Bootloader.cywrk" link appeared under the Kits->CY8CKIT-049-42XX in the Creator Start Page tab like it is supposed to.  I am off and running! 

0 Likes