Is it possible to use FX3 to read from USB3 mass storage device?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be possible to use the FX3 to read and write directly as a host controller to a USB3 mass storage device such as a thumb drive?

Is there any example of firmware base in the SDK or similar that could work as a basis`?

The only examples I've seen for host application is interfacing a HID mouse. I guess only the USB2 part is used.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Please refer to the cyfxusbhost code example that comes along with the FX3 SDK in the basic examples folder. It has an MSC (cyfxmscdrv.c) driver file which is capable of handling simple reads and writes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Please refer to the cyfxusbhost code example that comes along with the FX3 SDK in the basic examples folder. It has an MSC (cyfxmscdrv.c) driver file which is capable of handling simple reads and writes.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. What is not clear is if transfer will be done on Hi-speed  (480 Mbps) or SuperSpeed (5Gbps), thus does it truly support a USB3 flash drive at its full potential or will it only communicate over USB2.0?

0 Likes

FX3 only supports Hi Speed in USB host mode. So, the USB 3 flash drive will operate in USB 2.0 mode.

0 Likes