Connecting external I2C device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have EZ-USB FX3 superspeed explorer kit. I browse and test several examples with the SDK. I have a small OLED device with I2C interface and I want to connect the device externally with the kit using SCL-SDA pins. How can I connect and program peripheral controller to use the OLED to display some text/image?
The OLED device I have used earlier with Arduino and now I want to use the display device along with other devices to FX3 controller.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

You can use the header pins on the FX3 Explorer Kit to connect the I2C lines to your OLED display and send commands from FX3 firmware through I2C.

Thanks

Manas

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

You can use the header pins on the FX3 Explorer Kit to connect the I2C lines to your OLED display and send commands from FX3 firmware through I2C.

Thanks

Manas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to inform using pins. I will use pull-up register to connect the device physically.

I want the library of ssd1306 (for fx3 device) so I can program firmware and transfer into SuperSpeed Expolrer kit.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We do not provide separate libraries for the ssd1306. If this supports I2C slave, FX3 should be able to communicate with it. Please refer to I2C example firmware codes in FX3 SDK.

Regards,

- Madhu

0 Likes