How can I set my own advertisement packet ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to interact with a device that interacts with a specific non-connectable un-directed advertising packet.

When creating the advertising packet on PSoc 4 configure page , it will automatically add a flag along with manufacture company data  as shown in the following image :

2018-01-26_17-07-13.png2018-01-26_17-06-06.png

where my aim is to avoid adding these data in the advertisement packet as well as changing the TxAddress as 1 instead of 0 so is there a way to create my own advertisement data packet without the flags and company data ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could use the function "CyBle_GapUpdateAdvData" to set it to whichever value you would like.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Because PSoC 4 only supports BLE, the BR/EDR flag must always be sent with every packet. This is part of the Bluetooth specification.

You can remove the manufacturer specific data by unchecking the box on the bottom left.

The TxAddress is 0 when the address is public, and 1 when it is random. I've found this post of a person changing it to random static. (also here)

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response , if I unchecked the box for manufacturer specific data I wont have any advertisement data at all , I just wanted to get rid of the company name data. how can I then specify what data I want to have in the advertisement packet ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The manufacturer specific data requires 2 bytes for company identification + the identifier that the data is manufacturer specific data.

An identifier is always needed, because the other device has to parse and understand the information within the advertisement packet.

You could use URI or set up a custom service and advertise it with the service data. But you will always have a little overhead.

What data do you want to exactly advertise?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could use the function "CyBle_GapUpdateAdvData" to set it to whichever value you would like.

0 Likes