DMA example CE97088

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to PSoC. I have the Pioneer Kit (which has CY8C4247LQI-BL483), and PSoC creator 4.1. I want to use the DMA to transfer data to a peripheral. So I loaded the example CE97088 to test. I got error "Pin guidance unavailable: Resource limit: Maximum number of DMA Channels exceeded (max=0, needed=1)." when I tried to compile it. Can anyone let me know what this problem is and how I can fix it? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

This chip does not support DMA, you need to find another chip which has DMA, like CY8C4xx8 BLE 4.2 devices

32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 PSoC® 4200 Programmable Digital MCUs | Cypress Semiconductor

or PSoC6

32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 PSoC® 6 | Cypress Semiconductor

Roy Liu

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

This chip does not support DMA, you need to find another chip which has DMA, like CY8C4xx8 BLE 4.2 devices

32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 PSoC® 4200 Programmable Digital MCUs | Cypress Semiconductor

or PSoC6

32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 PSoC® 6 | Cypress Semiconductor

Roy Liu
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help!

I got the 042-A BLE kit, which has CY8C4248LQI-BL583 chip, and this example runs well.

However when I tried the other DMA example code, DMA_SPI_PSOC4, the project was build and programmed successfully, but neither the green nor the red LED lit up. It looks like nothing had happened on the board. Any clue?

0 Likes