PSoC programmer, GUI works, Command line fails

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to set up a production programming environment for a new design using a CY8C4025LQI-S412.

I am able to program the device using the IDE and using the PSoc programmer GUI App, however when I try to use the

command line tool, I am able to Acquire the device but I get no further, it fails with "Device is not in ISSP mode." when I

try to erase the device.

I have attached a log of the script and what the command line programmer replies with

This issue is very similar to a previous discussion, but that does not seem to have been resolved either.

Can program PRoC 4 with graphical PSoC Programmer, but not with cli

The PSoC is on a pcb with some other components which may be drawing a little power, though very little.

I do not have any pull ups or pull downs on the SCLK and SDAT lines.

I find it difficult to understand how this can be a software problem as the GUI and IDE programming methods work fine,

however its the command line operation I would like to use.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

-Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi Steve,

For PSoC 4 devices, you need to use PSoC4_EraseAll  command instead of EraseAll.

Similarly, you need to use PSoC4_ProgramRowFromHex instead of Program.

There are couple of PSoC 4 programming examples (for C#, CPP, Perl, Python, etc.) present in the PSoC Programmer installation directory that show the required programming flow.

(Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD)

Check out those examples and see if that help you. Cheers!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi Steve,

For PSoC 4 devices, you need to use PSoC4_EraseAll  command instead of EraseAll.

Similarly, you need to use PSoC4_ProgramRowFromHex instead of Program.

There are couple of PSoC 4 programming examples (for C#, CPP, Perl, Python, etc.) present in the PSoC Programmer installation directory that show the required programming flow.

(Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD)

Check out those examples and see if that help you. Cheers!

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted