Unable to program cy8ckit-049-42xx kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the cy8ckit-049-42xx kit downloaded, and I can start a project with that kit from psoc creator 4.1.

Machine is Windows 10.  When I plugged in the device, windows appeared to detect the device and set it up as COM4.  Amber power is solid and blue LED is blinking, so it seems to be powered and have the default program running.

I've created an initial project which seems to build with no errors.  But when I select "Program", it opens a dialog to "Select Debug Target" that is empty.

psoc program.PNG

I also tried Tools->Find new devices.  It says no new devices are available.  I've looked in Windows device manager and I see a COM4.  I'm not sure what to do next to find the device.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Arthur, This kit is a prototyping kit for bootloader and bootloadable. Suggest to follow Section 3.3 in its user guide.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Arthur, This kit is a prototyping kit for bootloader and bootloadable. Suggest to follow Section 3.3 in its user guide.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it.  I was following along with the video examples and didn't catch that portion in the guide.

That had the info and I got it uploaded.  Thanks!

0 Likes