Emulated EEPROM:cy_en_eeprom_return_value_t EmEEPROM_1_Init (uint32 startAddress)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

In Datasheet (Document Number. 002 - 20502 Rev. E) of Emulated EEPROM (Em_EEPROM) 2.0.

In the description of ComponentntoFunction

1.cy_en_eeprom_return_value_t EmEEPROM_1_Init (uint32 startAddress)
   Please let me know the return value Type (Viod or uint32 or ...) and the result of this function.

2.cy_en_eeprom_return_value_t EmEEPROM_1_Write (uint32 addr, void * eepromData, uint32 size)
  Explanation and return value of parameter of this function Type (Viod or uint32 or ...) and the result.

3.cy_en_eeprom_return_value_t EmEEPROM_1_Read (uint32 addr, void * eepromDdata, uint32 size)
Explanation and return value of parameter of this function Type (Viod or uint32 or ...) and the result.

4.cy_en_eeprom_return_value_t EmEEPROM_1_Erase (void)
Please let me know the return value Type (Viod or uint32 or ...) and the result of this function.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

1)The return value of EEPROM_Init() is 'cy_en_em_eeprom_status_t'. This is an enumerated datatype with the following definition. Basically it returns the status.The return value must be "CY_EM_EEPROM_SUCCESS" for proper operation.

/** EEPROM return enumeration type */

typedef enum

{

CY_EM_EEPROM_SUCCESS      = 0x00uL,                             /**< The function executed successfully */

CY_EM_EEPROM_BAD_PARAM    = (CY_EM_EEPROM_ID_ERROR + 1uL),      /**< The input parameter is invalid */

CY_EM_EEPROM_BAD_CHECKSUM = (CY_EM_EEPROM_ID_ERROR + 2uL),      /**< The data in EEPROM is corrupted */

CY_EM_EEPROM_BAD_DATA     = (CY_EM_EEPROM_ID_ERROR + 3uL),      /**< Failed to place the EEPROM in flash */

CY_EM_EEPROM_WRITE_FAIL   = (CY_EM_EEPROM_ID_ERROR + 4uL)       /**< Write to EEPROM failed */

} cy_en_em_eeprom_status_t;

For all other functions also return value is with enumerated datatype cy_en_em_eeprom_status_t as explained above on section (1).

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

2 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

1)The return value of EEPROM_Init() is 'cy_en_em_eeprom_status_t'. This is an enumerated datatype with the following definition. Basically it returns the status.The return value must be "CY_EM_EEPROM_SUCCESS" for proper operation.

/** EEPROM return enumeration type */

typedef enum

{

CY_EM_EEPROM_SUCCESS      = 0x00uL,                             /**< The function executed successfully */

CY_EM_EEPROM_BAD_PARAM    = (CY_EM_EEPROM_ID_ERROR + 1uL),      /**< The input parameter is invalid */

CY_EM_EEPROM_BAD_CHECKSUM = (CY_EM_EEPROM_ID_ERROR + 2uL),      /**< The data in EEPROM is corrupted */

CY_EM_EEPROM_BAD_DATA     = (CY_EM_EEPROM_ID_ERROR + 3uL),      /**< Failed to place the EEPROM in flash */

CY_EM_EEPROM_WRITE_FAIL   = (CY_EM_EEPROM_ID_ERROR + 4uL)       /**< Write to EEPROM failed */

} cy_en_em_eeprom_status_t;

For all other functions also return value is with enumerated datatype cy_en_em_eeprom_status_t as explained above on section (1).

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Hima

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.Hima san

Thank you for your reply. 
I understand that.
Thank you very much.
Ichiro.

0 Likes