CY7C68013A interfacing MPEG TS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are working on CY7C68013A to connect to MPEG TS. However, when we run the AN58069 with Free running MPEG example code. We then record the MPEG TS with modified Streamer C# program. But there are a lot of errors in the MPEG TS file we have recorded.

We also tried reading 512 bytes from the endpoint with libusb. However, even in one 512 bytes packet read there are errors between the MPEG TS packets with length 188 byte......

How is the data in CY7C68013A buffered and written to the RAM. What happens on overflow ?

Regards,

Todor

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Todor,

Please refer to the Technical Reference Manual(TRM) I am attaching along with this response. Please refer chapter 8 in TRM how CY7C68013A is buffered.
Q)What exactly do you mean by overflow ? 
A)I assume you are referring to the scenario where the data stream is faster than host requesting the data.If yes then there is chance of loss of data. 

I believe you have created a Tech support case. We will continue to interact in the case.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Todor 

we are also trying for this .. how you have succeeded to record TS .. please  share so that this may help us..

We Are recently trying to capture parallel 8 bit Mpeg TS using CY7C68013A-56LTXC and get these MPEG TS to USB port.

for this purpose we  have referred design  FX2LP_DMB_TH_TV_Dongle   and prepared our OWN PCB without Tuner and de-modulator   , in our PCB we use to give Parallel TS on CY7C68013A , and using control center fprogramed pre build HEX file of USBTV &  MPEG_Free .

after this PC is still not able to capture / record MPEG TS file . even in device tree OUR PCB detected as DMBTV and Cypress FX2lp Streamer Example device .

please suggest corrective action to help us to move out from this situation.

Regards

Satish P.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

satish.pandey_2992641

which firware  you referred for  your project(Mpeg TS using CY7C68013A-56LTXC)

0 Likes