How can I only flash image on board without compiling?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HyCh_2920631
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering what to do if I want to download the image(I have already built) on the board without recompiling it again.

./make 'app'-'platform' download run command is 'build + download + run' right?

I can't find a command for only download/flash (without build)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi  hyeseung:

I just find a way to just download the image you compiled. below are the steps:

I am using the 20719-B1_Bluetooth evb to do a test .

1.  demo.hello_sensor-CYW9207x9WCDEVAL UART=COM6 download

keep this command, and didn't skip the compile process.

2.  find the makefile in ..\WICED-Studio-6.0\20719-B1_Bluetooth\platforms\CYW9207x9WCDEVAL

and find this makefile,  CYW9207x9WCDEVAL.mk

3.  change the download directory name in the download_using_chipload:

it always to choose the  images from \WICED-Studio-6.0\20719-B1_Bluetooth\build

you need to change the key word "build"  into another directory ,  and copy all the images you think that is stable for a backup.

in this case i just change it into "123" directory .  

you may have a try , but actually this doesn't skip the build and link process of the current project.

download_using_chipload:

$(QUIET)$(ECHO_BLANK_LINE)

$(QUIET)$(eval UART:=$(shell $(CAT) < com_port.txt))

$(QUIET)$(if $(UART), \

$(ECHO) Downloading application... && $(call CONV_SLASHES,$(CHIPLOAD_FULL_NAME)) -BLUETOOLMODE -PORT $(UART) -BAUDRATE $(PLATFORM_BAUDRATE) $(CHIPLOAD_REBAUD) $(CHIPLOAD_NO_READ_VERIFY) $(CHIPLOAD_CRC_VERIFY) -MINIDRIVER $(SOURCE_ROOT)platforms/$(PLATFORM_FULL)/$(PLATFORM_MINIDRIVER) -BTP $(SOURCE_ROOT)platforms/$(PLATFORM_FULL)/$(PLATFORM_BOOTP) -CONFIG 123/$(OUTPUT_NAME)/$(OUTPUT_NAME).hex -LOGTO 123/$(OUTPUT_NAME)/logto.log > 123/$(OUTPUT_NAME)/download.log 2>&1 \

&& $(ECHO) Download complete && $(ECHO_BLANK_LINE) && $(ECHO) $(QUOTES_FOR_ECHO)Application running$(QUOTES_FOR_ECHO) \

|| ($(ECHO) $(QUOTES_FOR_ECHO)****Download failed ****$(QUOTES_FOR_ECHO) && $(call CONV_SLASHES,$(PERL)) $(AFT) 4 123/$(OUTPUT_NAME)/download.log && \

$(ECHO) Download failed. This WICED platform of the SDK only supports download to 207x9B1 devices.))

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi  hyeseung:

I just find a way to just download the image you compiled. below are the steps:

I am using the 20719-B1_Bluetooth evb to do a test .

1.  demo.hello_sensor-CYW9207x9WCDEVAL UART=COM6 download

keep this command, and didn't skip the compile process.

2.  find the makefile in ..\WICED-Studio-6.0\20719-B1_Bluetooth\platforms\CYW9207x9WCDEVAL

and find this makefile,  CYW9207x9WCDEVAL.mk

3.  change the download directory name in the download_using_chipload:

it always to choose the  images from \WICED-Studio-6.0\20719-B1_Bluetooth\build

you need to change the key word "build"  into another directory ,  and copy all the images you think that is stable for a backup.

in this case i just change it into "123" directory .  

you may have a try , but actually this doesn't skip the build and link process of the current project.

download_using_chipload:

$(QUIET)$(ECHO_BLANK_LINE)

$(QUIET)$(eval UART:=$(shell $(CAT) < com_port.txt))

$(QUIET)$(if $(UART), \

$(ECHO) Downloading application... && $(call CONV_SLASHES,$(CHIPLOAD_FULL_NAME)) -BLUETOOLMODE -PORT $(UART) -BAUDRATE $(PLATFORM_BAUDRATE) $(CHIPLOAD_REBAUD) $(CHIPLOAD_NO_READ_VERIFY) $(CHIPLOAD_CRC_VERIFY) -MINIDRIVER $(SOURCE_ROOT)platforms/$(PLATFORM_FULL)/$(PLATFORM_MINIDRIVER) -BTP $(SOURCE_ROOT)platforms/$(PLATFORM_FULL)/$(PLATFORM_BOOTP) -CONFIG 123/$(OUTPUT_NAME)/$(OUTPUT_NAME).hex -LOGTO 123/$(OUTPUT_NAME)/logto.log > 123/$(OUTPUT_NAME)/download.log 2>&1 \

&& $(ECHO) Download complete && $(ECHO_BLANK_LINE) && $(ECHO) $(QUOTES_FOR_ECHO)Application running$(QUOTES_FOR_ECHO) \

|| ($(ECHO) $(QUOTES_FOR_ECHO)****Download failed ****$(QUOTES_FOR_ECHO) && $(call CONV_SLASHES,$(PERL)) $(AFT) 4 123/$(OUTPUT_NAME)/download.log && \

$(ECHO) Download failed. This WICED platform of the SDK only supports download to 207x9B1 devices.))

0 Likes