Re-program CY8CKIT-059 Kitprog on-board Programmer?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if it's possible to re-program the CY8CKIT-059 Kitprog on-board Programmer?

I've looked at the schematic in the 'Kit Guide' datasheet (page 38) and I can't see any programming pins routed out.

Many thanks

BenH

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The programming header has a PSOC 5 part number CY8C5868LTI-LP039 QFN68. You can use this as a PSOC 5 and program it just like the target board. Watch out for By-pass caps on some of the lines. . Due to this feature you have the ability to bootload your own custom PSoC 5LP code into the device. By doing this you overwrite the existing PSoC 5LP functionality for your custom project. Don’t worry about overwriting the PSoC 5LP code, you can easily restore the PSoC 5LP to its factory setting as a programmer and debugger. This bootloader allows you the opportunity to try out the PSoC 5LP device and enable your Pioneer kit as a dual ARM development platform. See this its for the PSOC 4 board but it's the same for your board www.element14.com/community/thread/25084/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project036-what-i-can-use-the-psoc-5lp-too

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Just what do you mean by reprogramming Kitprog?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CY8CKIT-059  has a built-in but detachable programmer. I was wondering if this programmer can be reprogrammed to do something else once it has been detached from the main board. It has some IO routed out which must have been done for a reason.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

The programming header has a PSOC 5 part number CY8C5868LTI-LP039 QFN68. You can use this as a PSOC 5 and program it just like the target board. Watch out for By-pass caps on some of the lines. . Due to this feature you have the ability to bootload your own custom PSoC 5LP code into the device. By doing this you overwrite the existing PSoC 5LP functionality for your custom project. Don’t worry about overwriting the PSoC 5LP code, you can easily restore the PSoC 5LP to its factory setting as a programmer and debugger. This bootloader allows you the opportunity to try out the PSoC 5LP device and enable your Pioneer kit as a dual ARM development platform. See this its for the PSOC 4 board but it's the same for your board www.element14.com/community/thread/25084/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project036-what-i-can-use-the-psoc-5lp-too

I had to use a microscope.

I did this:

LP35.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to restore factory setting of cy8ckit-059 using miniprog3, as per steps described in kitprog user guide Doc #001-96359 rev 1

I followed steps in page no 49, but I got an error  in psoc programmer "hex file selected does not match device ID".

this kit have 2 PSOC5 device

1. CY8C5868LTI-LP039

2. CY8C5888LTI-LP097

I suppose CY8C5868LTI-LP039 holds bootloader and this device has to be reprogrammed with "Kitprog.hex"

but in psoc programmer CY8C5888LTI-LP097 device is selected for programming,

kindly update how I can program bootloader in cy8ckit-059

0 Likes