Choice of components, replacing a USB connection with bluetooth classic

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm quite new to this but i have this project going on and hopefully you are able to point me i the right direction. The project itself is to replace a USB module delivered from cypress, and replace it with a bluetooth connection. Transmitter and receiver. One of the measurement cards that is located inside our computer should be moved out to a wireless connection box. This connection box should be communicating wireless to our computer and I need some help to get the suitable hardware.. The USB module connects the motherboard of the computer to a measurement board. This measurement board handles medical measurements, and is also connected to the measurement device collecting data. This information transaction is transferred back and forth at the usb connection between the application and the measurement device.

Could anyone point me in the right direction in terms of choosing the most suited hardware?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few questions:

1) What is the bandwidth your application would require?

2) How is the data received from the sensors/measurement device? How should the data be transmitted to the computer? I assume you are using some serial interface here.

From your basic requirements, the CYW20706 should be able to meet your requirements.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few questions:

1) What is the bandwidth your application would require?

2) How is the data received from the sensors/measurement device? How should the data be transmitted to the computer? I assume you are using some serial interface here.

From your basic requirements, the CYW20706 should be able to meet your requirements.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The transit time of data is APX 150 kB/s.

The data is received through a USB interface straight into the computer where the application is located.

With the CYW20207, would i need the evaluation kit as well inside the module, or is the evaluation kit for configuring the CYW20207?

Thank you.

0 Likes