Replacing a USB connection with bluetooth

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm quite new to this but i have this project going on and hopefully you are able to point me i the right direction. The project itself is to replace a USB module delivered from cypress, and replace it with a bluetooth connection. Transmitter and receiver. One of the measurement cards that is located inside our computer should be moved out to a wireless connection box. This connection box should be communicating wireless to our computer and I need some help to get the suitable hardware.. I'm not quite sure if I've explained it properly enough, but I really hope you guys are able to help me out.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

If you want to send a bulk amount of data faster , then Bluetooth Classic is preferred. For queries related to Bluetooth Classic product you can create a thread in WICED STUDIO BLUETOOTH forum.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Can you give more details on the application? What was the function of the USB module? Cypress has both Classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low energy chipsets.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hima,

Thanks for your reply.

The USB module connects the motherboard of the computer to a measurement board. This measurement board handles medical measurements, and is also connected to the measurement device collecting data. This information transaction is transferred back and forth at the usb connection between the application and the measurement device. I think i have read somewhere that BLE is most suited for "State" operations, and that bluetooth classic fits handling of measurements in a better way. What do you think?

Thanks,

Øyvind

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello,

If you want to send a bulk amount of data faster , then Bluetooth Classic is preferred. For queries related to Bluetooth Classic product you can create a thread in WICED STUDIO BLUETOOTH forum.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes