Which Bluetooth stack for Linux: BlueZ or BSA?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar to my other post here asking about which Wi-Fi driver to use, here's a follow-up question:

Can someone provide an overview of the practical differences between the BlueZ and BSA Bluetooth stacks?

Why would I choose one over the other?

Does BSA support more Bluetooth and/or BLE profiles compared to BlueZ?  If so, which ones?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
vsubbiah
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 10 sign-ins First comment on KBA

I am not too familiar with BlueZ, but I believe BSA would support more profiles.

At least as of now BSA is the one that is supported by Cypress.  BlueZ is known to work, but is not not supported by Cypress.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
vsubbiah
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 10 sign-ins First comment on KBA

I am not too familiar with BlueZ, but I believe BSA would support more profiles.

At least as of now BSA is the one that is supported by Cypress.  BlueZ is known to work, but is not not supported by Cypress.

0 Likes

Hi,

First of all i am not an expert, but I have tried a combination of bluez 5.37 + BCM4339 and have successfully done with A2DP,  AVRCP, HFP, Obex. Currenttly able to Stream Audio from mobile and control play pause next using AVRCP. HFP have some issue like audio distortion. Reset of the things are working good with bluez stack.

You can configure A2DP by following the steps in the following link

Site Title

Regards,

Vimal Babu

0 Likes