OTA firmware update from android app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I want to use your OTA firmware update module. Based on the search I found there is no SDK for it. I have your source code. Is there any documentation/flowchart as how to use the code ? I am trying to understand your code but I have few confusions.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to this application note: http://www.cypress.com/file/198301/download

There are three different tools you can use for OTA updating.

It looks like you are wanting to use the CySmart Mobile App to update with, and/or modify it for use.

This thread: I want to get a CySmart app source code.

Mentions that the code was third-party developed...

If you want more help/advice for it, you would either need to post your questions on the forums here, or contact Cypress to get ahold of the programmers who wrote the app.

Thanks, I had a similar problem and I fixed it using that thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have third Party BLE Beacon(PROC EZ CY-BLE 02001). How could i update the firmware inside the chip.

Can i use Android for OTA(even no OTA boot loader services(From manufacturere side ) shown on the Android Application.)  for firmware to flash.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the firmware inside the chip supports OTA updating, then you should be able to initiate it based on the firmware on the beacon. The OTA process is meant to be accessible only to authenticated devices however, so it may be locked down by a separate operation/function. If you can't find/get the bootloader to show up on the connection, then you will not be able to connect with the android app to perform an OTA update.

0 Likes