cyble-22001 SPI read problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sir i am interfacing cyble 22001 with Thermocouple ic USING SPI.But while reading data i am getting only 0xff.

my code is here.

uint8  MAX31856_Read_Data(uint8 Reg_Addr)

{

uint8_t ReadData = 0;

uint8_t dummy = 0;

SPIM_SpiUartClearRxBuffer();

SPIM_SpiUartWriteTxData(Reg_Addr);

while (!SPIM_SpiUartGetRxBufferSize());

dummy  = SPIM_SpiUartReadRxData();

SPIM_SpiUartWriteTxData(0xFF);//writing Dummy Data

while (!SPIM_SpiUartGetRxBufferSize());

ReadData = SPIM_SpiUartReadRxData(); // Read Data

return ReadData;

}

if  i am using this while(!(SPIM_ReadTxStatus() & SPIM_STS_SPI_DONE));  compiler unable to find  SPIM_ReadTxStatus()  and SPIM_STS_SPI_DONE)

generates error. please help me to solve the issue.Thanks in advance..

0 Likes
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

And also in the code i am adding header files

#include  "SPIM.h"

#include "SPIM_SPI_UART.h"

if  i am using this while(!(SPIM_ReadTxStatus() & SPIM_STS_SPI_DONE));  compiler unable to find SPIM_ReadTxStatus()  and SPIM_STS_SPI_DONE)

0 Likes

Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

There is no need to #include component header files, this is done automatically.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

if  i am using this while(!(SPIM_ReadTxStatus() & SPIM_STS_SPI_DONE));  compiler unable to findSPIM_ReadTxStatus()  and SPIM_STS_SPI_DONE)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fyi: & and && are different operations; If you are looking for a logical comparison between the SPIM_ReadTxStatus() and the SPIM_SPI_DONE being both true, then use the double ampersand, else the bit and with the single ampersand as you are doing is fine.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply

But here the problem is when i use this  function  SPIM_ReadTxStatus() ;  compiler generates error i.e,unable to find

SPIM_ReadTxStatus() ; 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i want to send the rtc time stamp to the mobile. And i able to send this.but the problem is while programming the chip the RTC takes the internal time

and it starts updating.But i want to set my own time not the psoc time i.e, my time is  10:10:10(H:M:S)->10hr,10min,10sec.

even if i use below API'S to set the time  it's not working

RTC_SetSecond(time,10);

RTC_SetMinutes( time, 10);

RTC_SetHours( time,10 );

The RTC as usal starts from the psoc internal RTC time

Please help me to resolve the issue.

please find the attachment

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

please find below attachment.

in that i want max31856

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at your attached project, it looks like you are not handling the header file includes to allow your code to handle references to functions/variables in other files.

Use Header File Guards

Include files should protect against multiple inclusion through the use of macros that "guard" the files. Note that for C++ compatibility and interoperatibility reasons, do not use underscores '_' as the first or last character of a header guard (see below)

#ifndef sys_socket_h #define sys_socket_h  /* NOT _sys_socket_h_ */ #endif 

Also, you are referencing "max31855". Change the references to "max31856".

Otherwise, just look at the compiler errors and step through them from top to bottom to solve most issues

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

i have created custom service and build but source code foe custom service is not generated

can you please help me

thanks in advance

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

i have created custom service and build but source code foe custom service is not generated

can you please help me

thanks in advance

please find the attachment

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks to build and generate the code fine.

The custom service/code doesn't create code in quite the same format as the standard services, but you can still use and interact with it in a similar fashion. Check out the "BLE_custom.c" and "BLE_custom.h" files under the "Generated_Source/PSoC4/BLE/" folder in the left-hand-side window to see the handles/attribute constants created for the custom service you created.

Also, check out this guide on custom services for BLE: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an91162-creating-ble-custom-profile

Here is the datasheet for the BLE component that should help you out too: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/psoc-creator-component-datasheet-bluetooth...

The datasheet is also available by right-clicking the BLE component and selecting "Open Datasheet"

Finally, here is a video describing the process of adding a custom service: PSoC 4 BLE 101: 4. Add a Custom CapSense Service | Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you sir for your reply.

*****************************************************PWM PROBLEM********************************************

I  want to generate the  PWM output continuosly. but after 1 minute(i.e not exactly may be few seconds)  PWM not generating

any clk period. But if i made CyBle_ProcessEvents(); statement commented then it's working fine  but i think to access the ble data

CyBle_ProcessEvents();  is mandatory but pwm is not working.

Please help me sir to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****************************************************PWM PROBLEM********************************************

I  want to generate the  PWM output continuosly. but after 1 minute(i.e not exactly may be few seconds)  PWM not generating

any clk period. But if i made CyBle_ProcessEvents(); statement commented then it's working fine  but i think to access the ble data

CyBle_ProcessEvents();  is mandatory but pwm is not working.

I WANT TO GENERATE PWM CONTINUOSLY without stopping.

Please help me sir to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

See your new thread with response there: PWM Problem

0 Likes