CyUSB3.sys operation in case transmission data is even

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm using CY7C68013A-128AXI. I have question regarding driver operation provided by Cypress:

https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-9344

- Driver: CyUSB3.sys

■ Question:

In case the size of the transmission data is even,

when the maximum value of one packet is exceeded, odd size packets are not transmitted.

Is this understanding correct?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Tran-san,

Assuming that the FX2LP is configured in slave FIFO mode with the endpoint size as 512 bytes, BULK, double buffered, I answer the following. Please let me know if there is a change in this setup at your end.

- When a data packet of size more than 512 bytes is transferred, the host controller driver takes care that the data is split into 512 byte chunks and the last data packet may be either 512 bytes or a lesser number. Even odd sized packets can be transferred.

Please feel free to post further queries if you have.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any answer to this question ?

0 Likes
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Tran-san,

Assuming that the FX2LP is configured in slave FIFO mode with the endpoint size as 512 bytes, BULK, double buffered, I answer the following. Please let me know if there is a change in this setup at your end.

- When a data packet of size more than 512 bytes is transferred, the host controller driver takes care that the data is split into 512 byte chunks and the last data packet may be either 512 bytes or a lesser number. Even odd sized packets can be transferred.

Please feel free to post further queries if you have.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes