wiced 5.2 sdk library for other OS like Linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am planning to port wiced application into Linux however, the following library seems doesn't have source code.

BESL_generic.ARM_CM4.release.a

I found these symbol which like "supplicant_tls_xxx" and "wiced_supplicant_xxx" in the library but I wonder whether it's Cypress property source code or not.

If It's not property one where can I find the source code for the library?

Thanks,

Soohwan.

0 Likes
1 Solution
vsubbiah
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 10 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Would need more details than that to help with what you are asking.

We have written apps that work with both Linux and Wiced which use secure sockets.

We built a thin layer on top of  WICED/Linux and use the API from this layer to build our app. I am assuming you are looking to use BESL for secure sockets, if that is the case you should use regular Open SSL in Linux.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

BESL had been migrated to mbedTLS. The source code for the same is available at \WICED\WICED-Studio-6.0-mfi\43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\security\BESL\mbedtls_open.

grsr wrote:

BESL had been migrated to mbedTLS. The source code for the same is available at \WICED\WICED-Studio-6.0-mfi\43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\security\BESL\mbedtls_open.

But that does not include all source code.

for example, the implementation of supplicant_process_event() is not available in source code.

vsubbiah
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 10 sign-ins First comment on KBA

We have written apps that work with both Linux and Wiced which use secure sockets.

We built a thin layer on top of  WICED/Linux and use the API from this layer to build our app. I am assuming you are looking to use BESL for secure sockets, if that is the case you should use regular Open SSL in Linux.

vsubbiah_1779701 wrote:

So you don't use any closed-source API from BESL library?

Is it possible to share the code for "thin layer on top of WICED/Linux"?

0 Likes