how to download the calibrated data into e2prom in CY8C29466

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, there

I am using CY8C29466 as the mcu of a mems sensor.  I need to get the output from the e2prom according to the analog input, which is as used an index to search the data in e2prom. Before this , the calibrated data more than 1000 in a text file is needed to write into the e2prom first. But I don't konw how to do this?

I have researched the related file to e2prom, AN2015. It uses an an array to store the data written into the e2prom. However, this is not practical when there is a lot of data to be written.

Does  anyone konw any other method to download the calibrated data into e2prom?

Looking forward to your reply!

LU

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

You can use the UART of CY8C29466 to receive the text file from a PC through a USB UART connection.

Use flow control to get as much calibration data which will fit 64 bytes. Now do a flash write for this 64 bytes block. (The block size of flash is 64 bytes)

Get the next 64 bytes and so on till there is no more calibration data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

You can use the UART of CY8C29466 to receive the text file from a PC through a USB UART connection.

Use flow control to get as much calibration data which will fit 64 bytes. Now do a flash write for this 64 bytes block. (The block size of flash is 64 bytes)

Get the next 64 bytes and so on till there is no more calibration data.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Samp!

But there is no USB UART in the CY8C29466.

Instead, there is  UART. Can I still use the method you suggested?

By the way, do you know about  'emulated serial  interface (COMn:)' or  'The PSoC Programmer COM' ?

Regards!

Lu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I misunderstood your first sentence!

I will have a try of the UART method.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the method you suggested, what is the software to be used to send the text file from a PC?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the method you suggested, what is the software to be used to send the text file from a PC?

0 Likes

You can follow this link which explains how you can use Hyperterminal to send a text file over UART or USB-UART on a Windows PC. If you do a Google search, you can find many other links too.

See this link for Xon/Xoff flow control.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!

Hopefully I will get it work!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,samp

I have looked through the file you recommended. I have some questions.

In the link for how to use Hyperterminal to send a text file over UART on a Windows PC, in the 12th step,

'12. In the "Send Text File" window, scroll by double clicking your way to the location of the "text file" that was previously configured and saved that contains the programming commands for the modem you are programming.'

what is' the programming commands for the modem you are programming' in the "text file" ?

Could you please give me an example of the "text file" ?

Regards

Xu

0 Likes

You can post your questions on Hyperterminal in other forums that cover this topic. I myself am not an expert on Hyperterminal.

Regarding the text file, you can enter the calibration data in the file, one data unit for one line. I am not sure about your calibration data, but it can be something like this:

0 4

100 105

200 207

255 260

and so on.

Thanks, sampath

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, samp

0 Likes