Install Question as Multiply Creators Appear ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just received my CY8CKIT-030 and I am using Windows 7.

When I installed the Creator from the DVD, I got a shortcut to an old version (2.3) on my desktop, and within the windows programs, I found creator version 3.2 (?) but no shortcut. In addition, the start page has "script" errors.

New to the game here, after I load the program from my DVD, should I update all with the "update manager " ?

For the Keil software, what is the mod needed for windows 7 ? Is it to just remove the _ ?

If I add the latest new beta version, will the old versions be still present ?

Where is the version 3.2 (?) shortcut for the desktop ?

I removed all the cypress software and will restart once I know what to do...

Thanks!

Marc

0 Likes
1 Solution

Of course you can install PSoC Creator 4.1. However if you want to use any code examples provided with the kit software, after opening the project, you may need to update the Components to the latest version.

Please refer to the KB article for details of Keil registration. PSoC Creator™ - Keil Compiler Registration - KBA83314

If you already have Keil C51 installed, you can use it with PSoC Creator by setting the path to Kiel installation directory. Open PSoC Creator and go to Tools -> Options -> Project Management -> 8051 Toolchains and set the path.

Then open any PSoC 3 project and select the DP8051 Keil Generic option from the Project -> Build Settings -> Toolchain pull-down.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Group,

I checked the date on the DVD I just received...2012. That explains why the old software is being installed.

Wouldn't it make sense to ship a product with the latest code ?

Should I just install the new beta version ?

Marc

0 Likes

Hi Marc,

You need not install the PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta version to use CY8CKIT-030. You just need the minimum version that is required for the kit software.

Open Cypress Update Manager and click on the Update button corresponding to the CY8CKIT-030 and that will also install/update PSoC Creator version that is required for the kit.

w.r.t. Shortcut - latest version of PSoC Creator installer does not create Desktop Shortcut automatically. Use need to create one if you need.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

srds,

Thanks for the reply. As a follow on :

1. Since I have no previous PSoc designs, should I just install version 4.1 ?

2. I am using windows 7, is there any file naming changes needed for the Kiel product ?

Marc

0 Likes

Of course you can install PSoC Creator 4.1. However if you want to use any code examples provided with the kit software, after opening the project, you may need to update the Components to the latest version.

Please refer to the KB article for details of Keil registration. PSoC Creator™ - Keil Compiler Registration - KBA83314

If you already have Keil C51 installed, you can use it with PSoC Creator by setting the path to Kiel installation directory. Open PSoC Creator and go to Tools -> Options -> Project Management -> 8051 Toolchains and set the path.

Then open any PSoC 3 project and select the DP8051 Keil Generic option from the Project -> Build Settings -> Toolchain pull-down.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

srds,

Thanks for the answer.

Marc

0 Likes