How do I add cybt-343026-eval to wiced studio 5.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a .zip file for cybt-343026-eval but I cannot find the directory mentioned in studio 5.2 on linux. I looked in WICED-5.2, Cypress, /usr/share/applications and /opt/cypress directories but I cannot find the Platforms directory anywhere.

Also I have a more fundamental question: what code comes loaded on the cybt-343026-eval bluetooth module? HCI? EZ-serial? Nothing? I plugged in the board and it created the /dev/ttyACM0 and /dev/ttyACM1 uart devices, but I've tried sending lots of stuff to them and the do not respond with even a single byte. I didn't change any of the default switches or jumpers on the board. I do see one red light blink on the board when I send lots of charaters. I'm using 115200 bps.

How can I load EZ-serial and HCI or whatever code I want without having to use the studio software? Also, where do I get the .hex (or whatever) firmware images to download. I want to do this all in linux.

Finally, should I be using smart instead of studio? and how do I get studio to probe the board to validate that I have everything working?

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I found where to put the files from going through the uninstall script in WICED_5.2. Turns out in Linux the platform files are in a completely different place, in /home/<user>/Documents//WICED-Studio-5.2/.

Thanks.

Do you know the answer to the other two questions or where I might find the answer?

0 Likes

Adding skuv​ andmady, yssu, grsranpm from the L1 IoT Apps Team.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to use WICED Studio for developing applications for CYBT-343026 as it uses the CYW20706 chip.

You can make use of the ChipLoad tool that is included in WICED to load the firmware. This is a command line tool that takes the hex file to be programmed as a parameter.

To know the exact command to be passed, make use of VERBOSE in your make target. It will be similar to this:

ChipLoad.exe -BLUETOOLMODE -REBAUDRATE 3000000 -LAUNCHADDRESS 0x00000000 -PORT COM38 -BAUDRATE AUTO -MINIDRIVER Platforms/CYW920706WCDEVAL/uart.hex -BTP Platforms/CYW920706WCDEVAL/20706_SFLASH.btp  -CONFIG build/hello_sensor-CYW920706WCDEVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/hello_sensor-CYW920706WCDEVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release.hex