Load custom firmware on CY8CKIT-059 Kitprog board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sigi_2251526
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

as said on title, is there a way to put custom written firmware on detachable Kitprog board of CY8CKIT-059?

Thank you,

Simone

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi Simone,

Yes, It is possible to load custom firmware on to the KitProg side of the CY8CKIT-059.

Please refer to section 7 Developing Applications for PSoC 5LP of KitProg User Guide for details.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi Simone,

Yes, It is possible to load custom firmware on to the KitProg side of the CY8CKIT-059.

Please refer to section 7 Developing Applications for PSoC 5LP of KitProg User Guide for details.

0 Likes

Thank you, now I found the section you mentioned! However I'm trying to follow the "Bootloadable" way to flash my application on device but when it is on Bootloader status (green status led is blinking) Bootloader Host Tool doesn't seem to find the device. On Kitprog normal mode the device is noticed by the tool.

0 Likes

Please try enabling the Show USB Devices option in Port Filter dialog in the Bootloader Host tool (as shown in Figure 7-10 of the KitProg User Guide, when the kit is in bootloader mode), that will list the kit.

0 Likes

I'm sorry I was following KitProg2 User Guide! Now I looked at the right document, and everything worked!

Thanks!

0 Likes