Mac ezUsbSuite.app won't open on sierra

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I unzipped the directory, and the app couldn't be opened.  So, after some googling, I changed the internal application to executable chmod +x ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS/*

After that, I went to preferences to enable opening the app even though the developer wasn't recognized.

After that it simply did not open.

using from the command line "open ./ezUsbSuite.app" (inside the same directory) gives LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810.

I want to do development on the Mac for this, and will possibly deploy on the mac.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I hate replying to my own post, but here goes for the ones who are having this same problem.

1)  fix the executable from a terminal. run the command line command:   chmod +x ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS/*

2) download the se6 runtime from Apple and install:  Download Java for OS X 2017-001

3) create a shell script.  I call it runezUsbSuiteApp.sh.  make it executable with chmod +x .  It has the following two lines in it:

#!/bin/bash

/Users/maxfield/cypress/eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS/ezUsbSuite ; exit;

4) to execute the ezUSBSuite, you have to then run a terminal in the directory and type:  ./runezUsbSuiteApp.sh

This can be fixed by Cypress so we don't have to do this.  Not sure if USB 3.0 support has visibility.

0 Likes

To make it easier to open, do the following:

Inside Applications->Utilities, open "Script Editor"

add the following line, replacing "username" with your username, and "cypress" with the directory you put the application in:

do shell script "/Users/username/cypress/eclipse/runezUsbSuiteApp.sh"

select "save as" (or in the case of sierra) "export" and save as an application.  Name it anything you like , I called it ezUsbSuite1.app.

You can then double click on it to run your application.

0 Likes