Modified the SimpledialogCustomizer and can't see the changes on Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

I finally loaded the SimpleDialogCustomizer project on VS, i deleted a image and pressed Build and attach customizer on creator, Success!! the image was removed from the customizer.

Now i deleted everything else but the label1 and now the Build and attach customizer button is no longer available.

Any way to force the Build and attach customizer button to be available?

Regards.

Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Carlos,

You can try deleting the precompiled Component customizer assembly (named _project_.dll - SimpleDialogCustomizer.dll) from the project (but not from disk -- it is open, and the delete from disk will fail).
Refer component_author_guide "8.2 Precompiled Component Customizers"

Thanks

Jobin GT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

pastedImage_1.png

Right click on toolbar and click Build Configuration.

Thanks

Jobin GT

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

May be i'm asking the right question.

I found the SimpleDialogCustomizer project, it "help" us the users to develop our own customizers. I edited the customizer code using Visual Studio Community 2017, i remove everything and keep the label1 element.

The first edition i did was deleting one of the images of the customizer, then pressed Build ans Attach customizer and the customizer no longer showed the image, so it was "successfull".

After that i deleted all the other elements on the customizer (kept the label1) and couldn't get the customizer updated on Creator.

I need the button Build and Attach customizer to be available, that's the only way i saw the customizer being updated, may be the old customizer is cached, the design changes i did on VS are not being reflected on the customizer after build.

For reference, this is the button i need to enable:

build_and_attach.png

The project is attached.

0 Likes

Hello Carlos,

You can try deleting the precompiled Component customizer assembly (named _project_.dll - SimpleDialogCustomizer.dll) from the project (but not from disk -- it is open, and the delete from disk will fail).
Refer component_author_guide "8.2 Precompiled Component Customizers"

Thanks

Jobin GT

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply Jobin,

I tried removing the dll from the project but i was getting the same errors.

After that i copied and pasted the project on the same workspace, i got this messages:

Building customizer for project 'SimpleDialogCustomizer_Copy_01'

Building Resources...

Compiling Customizers...

Cleaning Up...

Customizer build for 'SimpleDialogCustomizer_Copy_01' succeeded

And the customizer is updated with my changes , then i can make more changes and build the customizer with success, the customizer is updated.

I will try this with another toy project and see if i can get it working.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Likes