Is there any possibility to create custom ble profile's for PSoC6 with PSoC Creator 4.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I want to create an own bluetooth profile (custom profile) in PSoC6 with PSoC Creator 4.2. With the PSoC4 this was possible (see AN91162 - Creating a BLE Custom Profile | Cypress Semiconductor) but it seems that in PSoC Creator 4.2 this is not possible. Can you help me please?

Thank you!

Regards,

Fatih.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Fatih,

Yes it is possible to create custom profiles in PSoC 6. Most of the examples for the kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE) that uses CapSense/RGB LED and BLE implement custom services for the CapSense UI and RGB color selection. For instance, refer to CE220167 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with User Interface | Cypress ...

These examples should be correlatable with the one described in AN91162. Let me know if you still face any issues or have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Fatih,

Yes it is possible to create custom profiles in PSoC 6. Most of the examples for the kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE) that uses CapSense/RGB LED and BLE implement custom services for the CapSense UI and RGB color selection. For instance, refer to CE220167 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with User Interface | Cypress ...

These examples should be correlatable with the one described in AN91162. Let me know if you still face any issues or have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R