Production Programming - EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am going into production with my application, and we are using the 20732A chipset not module, so we have an external EEPROM - 24FC512.

When trying to flash the EEPROM before assembly onto the board, which is the correct hex file to use? I have tried both the -release files and also the bin file. These files that are created in the /build/application folder. None of these seem to correctly flash our application on the EEPROM. Am I doing something wrong?

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

0 Likes
1 Solution

Confirmed that the SoC MUST also be programmed using the SDK or the command line tools referenced here: Programming the TAG2/TAG3 Board using command line tools

You cannot program the EEPROM connected to the device directly and expect it to work as the memory map/programming protocol itseld is encapsulated inside of the minidriver.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received
0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I'm 99% sure that even within an SoC design that the NVRAM cannot be programmed directly and that the minidriver and the programming process defined by boont in his reply needs to be followed.  I will verify with the developers today.

0 Likes

Confirmed that the SoC MUST also be programmed using the SDK or the command line tools referenced here: Programming the TAG2/TAG3 Board using command line tools

You cannot program the EEPROM connected to the device directly and expect it to work as the memory map/programming protocol itseld is encapsulated inside of the minidriver.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

DId you still face this issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, this is what I figured. So we came up with a bit of a workaround.

Thank you so much for the information and very quick reply.

Cheers,

Gurpal

0 Likes

Would you mind sharing your workaround gsbhoot1020?

0 Likes