ISSP programming Verification ID stage with CY8C27143

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using ISSP programming on a cy8c27143 with an atmel 2560. I am having trouble getting the verifying ID chip to work. I am using serial an I receive a 0x00 and 0x08. I should be receiving a 0x00 and 0x09. Am I anywhere close to getting it right and I'm just making a simple mistake? should I stop with just using serial and implement a bit bang to achieve a proper High Z state? Was there a change in cypress IDs in the past? Could I just skip the verification ID and go on to the next steps in ISSP programming? Any information wold be helpful

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

You will have to use bit-banging for ISSP programming. Using serial port will not work, since it has extra bits. I request you to kindly refer to AN44168 PSoC® 1 Device Programming using External Microcontroller (HSSP) and PSoC® 1 ISSP Programming Specifications - CY8C21x12, CY8C21x23, CY8C21x34, CY8C23x33, CY8C24x23A, CY...0 for further information.

Thanks,

Sampath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add on to my original question. my method of doing to ID verification is by transmitting two bytes of serial data, it has the 5 zeroes as the most significant bits while the 10 ID code bits are least significant. then I do a recieve of serial data. I hope this bit of information will be helpful

0 Likes

Hello,

You will have to use bit-banging for ISSP programming. Using serial port will not work, since it has extra bits. I request you to kindly refer to AN44168 PSoC® 1 Device Programming using External Microcontroller (HSSP) and PSoC® 1 ISSP Programming Specifications - CY8C21x12, CY8C21x23, CY8C21x34, CY8C23x33, CY8C24x23A, CY...0 for further information.

Thanks,

Sampath

0 Likes