How to use SROM API?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

To access Flash or WFlash, some APIs of SROM is prepared and when we call the SROM API, I think the program in SROM must execute to write or read the Flash in SROM. But Creator show the error below although I put the API, Write_DAP or WriteIO, in my code.

The error from Creator are:

undefined reference to `Write_DAP'

undefined reference to `WriteIO'

How can I use the SROM API?

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

You don't have to use/call the SROM APIs. PSoC Creator and the PDL code that comes with it, provides handles/access to all the SROM calls required for accessing Flash/WFlash/SFlash. It should be noted that only through these handles (or the equivalent code) you can access the SROM APIs and not directly.

Refer to the Flash driver documentation in the PDL documenation (available in PSoC Creator > Help > Documentation > Peripheral Driver Library). file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/PDL/3.0.1/doc/pdl_api_reference_manual/html/group__group_...

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

You don't have to use/call the SROM APIs. PSoC Creator and the PDL code that comes with it, provides handles/access to all the SROM calls required for accessing Flash/WFlash/SFlash. It should be noted that only through these handles (or the equivalent code) you can access the SROM APIs and not directly.

Refer to the Flash driver documentation in the PDL documenation (available in PSoC Creator > Help > Documentation > Peripheral Driver Library). file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/PDL/3.0.1/doc/pdl_api_reference_manual/html/group__group_...

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes