CY5677 USB dongle- Example code - UART bridge as a peripheral

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Is there any example code for CY5677 USB dongle to use it as a UART bridge in peripheral mode?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Open your CY5670 UART code example and change the device to 'CYBL11573-56LQXI'. That should just work with CY5677.

To change the device, go to menu Project -> Device Selector and select 'CYBL11573-56LQXI' from the list.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are PSoC example projects of UART bridge for peripherals, but since the USB dongle runs on a dongle with two chips, I'm not sure there is an example of using it as a UART debug terminal for bluetooth.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the code for CY5677?

I knew there is example code for CY5670 but i need one for CY5677. I am not going to debug it. I just want to use it.

Thanks

0 Likes

Open your CY5670 UART code example and change the device to 'CYBL11573-56LQXI'. That should just work with CY5677.

To change the device, go to menu Project -> Device Selector and select 'CYBL11573-56LQXI' from the list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

thanks for your reply.

I changed the device, but there are some other issues such as BLE version and Uart version which I think it takes time to fix it.

Is there any other fast solution?

Attached is the screenshot of the errors after I change the device part number.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks

0 Likes

In PSoC Creator, go to menu Project -> Update Components option and update all Components in the code example to latest version using Component Update Tool dialog. That should resolve all errors.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your prompt reply. Now I am getting following error.

prj.M0120:Build error: the command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'

Thanks

If you see only the prj.M0120:Build error: the command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1' error in Notice List window, then navigate to the Output tab for more details of the error/failure or post your project here for details.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the only error.

Project code is at the following link:

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE_UART at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · ...

This is the example code from Cypress for UART-BLE bridge.

thanks

0 Likes

I don't see any build errors with the project you are referring to (see build output below).

Now download and extract the project again (from the above link), open the project, update all components, change the device and then build the project. That flow should work without any issues.

Build_Log.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks it is solved.