PSoC 5LP USB interface with LabVIEW

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I'd like to transfer bulk data to SPI slave of EEPROM via PSoC 5LP (CY8C5888LTI) using USB (PC -- PSoC) and SPI (PSoC -- EEPROM) with PC firmware of LabVIEW 2017. I couldn't find proper application note and past discussion especially about USB interface with LabVIEW and USB to SPI data conversion. If you know about hints of these tasks, please teach me. Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

D. Kusakari

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi,

The KitProg2 ob-board programmer/debugger (PSoC 5LP device) present on most of the Cypress Development Kits supports USB-SPI communication. Have a look at USB-SPI Bridge section of the KitProg2 User Guide for some insight.

Also check out another USB Serial chip (CY7C6521x family) which can be used as USB/SPI Bridge.

USB-Serial Bridge Controller | Cypress Semiconductor

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Daisuke,

There are direct USB-SPI chips available, so using PSoC can be avoided.

odissey1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for reply, but I don't want to add IC chips, because I already had manufactured circuit board.

0 Likes
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi,

The KitProg2 ob-board programmer/debugger (PSoC 5LP device) present on most of the Cypress Development Kits supports USB-SPI communication. Have a look at USB-SPI Bridge section of the KitProg2 User Guide for some insight.

Also check out another USB Serial chip (CY7C6521x family) which can be used as USB/SPI Bridge.

USB-Serial Bridge Controller | Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes

I could not find a finished example of LabVIEW with CYUSB.dll

You can try to create a wrapper for your project.

I did a primitive wrapper for cyusbserial.dll and CY7C65211 (PSoC® 4 CY8CKIT-049 4xxx Prototyping Kits)

You can see it here: http://mylab.wmsite.ru/moi-razrab/cy7c65211/

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for meaningful info.

I’ll try to start from reading this guide!

0 Likes