USB Dongle on account of CY5672 can't detect the driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello:

I’m using USB Dongle on account of Cy5672.It show uart number but has a sign of warning when the dongle was inserted into the USB interface.It shows "KitProg USB-UART(COM18)" and a sign of warning.

At the same time,the CySmart1.2 can’t detected the dongle .

What I should do to solve this problem? Or where can I get the right driver for the dongle?

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi,

Please try restoring the KitProg firmware by following the steps provided in section 8.2.1.2 Restore PSoC 5LP Factory Program Using Bootloader Host Tool of the KitProg User Guide and see if that resolves the problem.

If you still see the issue, try connecting the Dongle to another USB port or another PC and see whether the kit is enumerates correctly.

Also, make sure you have installed the latest kit software on you PC before connecting the kit.

Meanwhile, you can try restarting your PC and then run the Microsoft's USB Device troubleshooter once to detect any issue with USB devices.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your idear:

The question was still not solve.Like this:uart.png

I'm using Windows7 and 64 bits systerm.Any way for the problem?

0 Likes

Please try restoring the PSoC 5LP firmware by following the steps provided in section 3.3.4 Programming PSoC 5LP on the CySmart USB Dongle of the CY5672 Kit Guide. Make sure you use the firmware available in the latest kit software. That should solve the problem.

Also confirm whether or not the kit enumerates successfully on other PCs (after firmware update). That makes it clear where the problem lies.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello:

I did that as you said,but it didn't work on my PC and other PC which we use CySmart1.2.It showed like this:USBUART.png

And I use the driver:

driver.png

And then I changed the hex file with pSoC Programmer.It was OK on other PC but not on mine which works as befor:

uart.png

And how could i do next?

0 Likes

Looks like you are trying mix and match of drivers. When you updated/restored the Dongle firmware by following section 3.3.4 Programming PSoC 5LP on the CySmart USB Dongle of the CY5672 Kit Guide, you need to install kit drivers available in the CY5672 installation directory from path shown in the below image, not the KitProg driver from PSoC Programmer directory.Drivers.png

So now uninstall the USB-UART driver and select 'Delete the driver software for this device' option while uninstalling, shown in the below image.

Uninstall.png

Then reinstall the driver from kit installation directory shown above. That should resolve the issue.

If you still see the issue, you should run some USB device troubleshooter or cleanup utility to fix your PC.

0 Likes