KitProg driver needed for BLE dongle

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CySmart 1.1 cannot recognize my BLE dongle of CY8CKIT-042-BLE neither as "supported" nor "unsupported" targets. I looked into the device manager of the windows7 and found the "KitProg USB-UART (COM18)" with an excalmatory mark, and "Windows cannot verify the digital signature of the driver needed for this device". I checked the KitProg User Guide (Doc.#001-96359 Rev.*G) page 11 "3.4 KitProg Driver Installation", which wrote "The USB drivers are part of the kit installer and should be appropriately installed for its correct operation". I downloaded the "CY8CKIT042BLEKITSetup_RevSD_10-23-15" from cypress and reinstalled it on my PC. But it seems not work. I want to ask: where can i download the KitProg Driver and make the CySmart recognize the BLE dongle?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Make sure you are using latest kitprog firmware. Use Cypress PSoC Programmer v 3.24, select the kitprog and try to get an update under Utilities tab.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply. I tried the dongle on my another PC (Macbookpro) with windows 10. All the software (PSoC-Creator3.3, Programmer3.23,CySmart1.1) are same with the previous PC (Dell notebook). The CySmart can recognize and connect to the dongle. So I think the software or firmware is not the problem. I think I should find a way to reinstall the correct KitProg USB-UART driver.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are using an outdated Creator version. Make sure you have got Creator 3.3 SP1 and Programmer 3.24

Additionally make sure that the Kipprog firmware is up-to-date: Use Programmer 3.24, select the Kitprog, then "Utilities" tab and update the firmware.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I was talking about Programmer 3.24. So you are probably using an outdated Version!

Check Creator for 3.3 SP1

Bob

0 Likes
anboc_1467431
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi!

I have had the same issue. You should open "Cypress Update Manager", click on "PSoC Programmer" and then on "Configure".

From the menu choose "Repair" and then "Continue".

After that it will work 😉

Bye!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to open the"Cypress Update Manager" or to find it.

0 Likes

Hi

I saw same issue reported in this thread. Try restoring the KitProg firmware as mentioned in Re: USB Dongle on account of CY5672 can't detect the driver and see if that resolved the issue.

BTW, You can find Cypress Update Manger in Start -> All Programs - > Cypress -> Cypress Update Manager -> Cypress Update Manager

0 Likes