Manufacturing Bluetooth Test Tool not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up a performance test of the CYW920706WCDEVAL board with the Manufacturing Bluetooth Test Tool.

I followed the steps described in /WICED-Studio-6.0/Doc/Manufacturing-Bluetooth-Test-Tool.pdf but whe I run the command mbt reset nothing happens, it gets stuck at:

Sending HCI Command:

0000 < 03 0C  00 >

For more information, the board is programmed with demo.audio.headset-CYW920706WCDEVAL, which is compatible with the HCI controller. All I want to do is get statistics about the received packets (CRC errors, and packet loss, mostly). I use the CYW920706WCDEVAL as an audio sink. The audio source comes from a non-CYW20706 device (smartphone and PC). If you know an efficient way to do so, let me know please.

Setup: Windows 7 x64

Thank you in advance.

Luis CRUZ

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Luiz,

In the audio.headset app, comment out the wiced_transport_init(&transport_cfg) in hci_control.c.

This will obviously disable the WICED transport and your application won't function as expected but you should be able to use MBT to send HCI commands.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Luis,

When an app is running, the 20706 will not respond to HCI commands on the UART. Any HCI commands sent to the controller will have to come from the embedded application.

Jacob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Luiz,

In the audio.headset app, comment out the wiced_transport_init(&transport_cfg) in hci_control.c.

This will obviously disable the WICED transport and your application won't function as expected but you should be able to use MBT to send HCI commands.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disabled the external serial flash (U2) with switches SW7 and found that MBT works.

0 Likes