measuring frequency?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
deda_294911
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome!

dear all,

i am using CY8C4245AXI-483. i want to measure frequency from 48Hz to 15000Hz.

at present i am using TCPWM_P4 AS TIMER WITH RELOAD AND CAPTURE ON RISING EDGE WITH CAPTURE AND TC INT.

THIS WORKS FINE BUT I WANT FREQUENCY MEASUREMENT FROM 4000 TO 15000 Hz WITH RESOLUTION OF ATLEAST +/-5Hz.

I WAS TRYING 32 BIT UDB COMPONENT FOR CAPTURING. BUT CONFUSED REGARDING CAPT. VAL AND ISR ROUT.

PL. HELP.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

dear bob,

i can't understand what u r saying.

it is not possible to get reading after 1 sec.

i am attaching project. pl. help. because i am unable to get resolution below 80Hz.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

A 16bit wide solution will be required. You'll need a 1second timer to capture the count. When captured use an interrupt to reset the timer and start again.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

dear bob,

i can't understand what u r saying.

it is not possible to get reading after 1 sec.

i am attaching project. pl. help. because i am unable to get resolution below 80Hz.

0 Likes

dear bob,

i have tried a lot. what u r saying is the only possible solution for accurate measurement of frequency at the cost of 1 sec. sampling. clock speed is the limitation for capture int. driven system.

thanks a lot.

0 Likes
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Deepak,

Please find

dear members,

i have shown the same program of which zip file was attached.

i want +/- 5 Hz resolution at 15000Hz. which is not possible with my program and also by KBA87496.

is it their any way to get capture value/intrpt. in 32 bit udb mode?

pl. help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please take a look at the code example:Project #042: Frequency Measurement | Cypress Semiconductor

Hope this helps.

0 Likes