tracking system using PSoC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I want to make a tracking  system so I can trace a object's location.  I think I have to interface GPS with PSOC 4 kit. but problem is that I want to see location of object on my computer. I don't understand How will computer communicate with the tracking system. I think we can do this with the help of the internet. My computer connected with internet.  I think the system must be connected to the Internet. Please tell me what I required to make complete object tracking system

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

To establish connection you need either GSM modem (cellular) or WiFi module. PSoC has none of those, so you would need an external module. GSM might have in-built GPS, which can save cost of being GPS module. WiFi has limited access to hotspots. It has nothing to do with PSoC.

odissey1

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EmHo_296241
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

To establish connection you need either GSM modem (cellular) or WiFi module. PSoC has none of those, so you would need an external module. GSM might have in-built GPS, which can save cost of being GPS module. WiFi has limited access to hotspots. It has nothing to do with PSoC.

odissey1