ISSP with Windows Command Line?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying program PCBs in Windows Command Line. I found some CommandLineProgrammer application working with PSoC Programmer 3.18 & 3.19.

But these applications are only compatible with SWD and JTAG protocol also these applications are not working with PSoC programmer 3.26.

I know PSoC Programmer 3.26 has Command Line Interface (ppcli.exe) but the problem is I am using multiple MiniProg3 devices so I need to use GetPorts function to get MiniProg3 port number and I am trying to write general code for this.

Is there any ISSP application works with Windows CMD?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Serhat,

The PPCLI application returns success or error for all commands, but you need to handle those errors in your application. However I don't think it is easy to handle it in a batch file. Better way is to use Python/Perl script (and redirect the output to batch file/application if need be).

There are couple of PSoC 1 programming examples (for C#, CPP, Perl, Python, etc.) present in the PSoC Programmer installation directory that have error handling implemented.

(Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC1\ISSP)

See if those can help you. Cheers!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Do kindly let us know the Command Line Programmer which works with PSoC Programmer 3.18 and 3.19.

The PSoC Programmer Command Line Interface (ppcli.exe) is the only command line interface for PSoC Programmer. Do kindly let us know for what purpose you are developing general code, so that we can give you some suggestions. I wish to let you know that ppcli does not support conditional statements, hence conditional scripts cannot be developed.

Thanks,

Sampath

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sampath,

I am working in a production company as an intern. The company asked me to make a batch file that can be used in barcode system. The programming process working like this. (Whole process is in-circuit programming)

1.) Read barcode on the PCB via barcode reader

2.) Barcode reader runs PBC's batch file (Windows CMD batch files)

3.) Programming started via batch file

4.) If error occurs show error message, if it passes no problem.

I found some applications in the community (you can see in the attachment) but it is not working for ISSP protocol.

Can you please help me about this situation?

Best regards,

Serhat

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Serhat,

The archive you had attached is broken, please re-attach.

Thanks

Jobin GT

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jobin,

Sorry about that. I am re-attaching to this reply.

Thanks

Serhat

0 Likes

Hello Serhat,

You can use ppcli.exe with a file of commands from the command prompt to program PSoC.

c:/Program Files/Cypress/Programmer/ppcli.exe -t "--runfile program-example" --quit

Here the "program-example" file contains commands like this:

OpenPort MINIProg1/848E4756090B “c:/Program Files/Cypress/Programmer”

HEX_ReadFile "c:\\CY8C24794.hex"

SetAcquireMode “Power”

Acquire

Calibrate

EraseAll

Program

Verify

VerifyProtect

Protect

CheckSum 0

HEX_ReadChecksum

I have attached the PSoC Programmer CLI User Guide for your quick reference.

Thanks,

Sampath

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sampath,

The problem is I need to check all steps via patch file. For example, in Calibrate process fails the program must stop. Due to ppcli.exe does not have return value (like ERRORLEVEL etc.) and conditional statement, I cannot check the failed steps.

Also I have multiple MiniProg3, I need to extract specific device ID. The program must be general.

I hope that this clarify my situation.

Thanks,

Serhat

0 Likes

Hi Serhat,

The PPCLI application returns success or error for all commands, but you need to handle those errors in your application. However I don't think it is easy to handle it in a batch file. Better way is to use Python/Perl script (and redirect the output to batch file/application if need be).

There are couple of PSoC 1 programming examples (for C#, CPP, Perl, Python, etc.) present in the PSoC Programmer installation directory that have error handling implemented.

(Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC1\ISSP)

See if those can help you. Cheers!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Yes it is really hard to handle errors with batch file. Better use Pyhton/Pearl to run and check the programming.

By the way examples you described are really helpful. Thank you so much for help !!

-Serhat

0 Likes