Advertising Extensions, LE Secure, and Chaining

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiJa_2307936
Level 1
Level 1

Our product has the CYBLE-022001 BLE Chip in it.

In the datasheet it's described as a Bluetooth 4.1 "single-mode module ", what does single-mode module mean?

When using this Soc, am I able to adopt BT features from BT Core version 4.2, like Advertising Extensions, LE Secure (DHEC encryption), or the ability to chain advertisement packs together? If I did this, could I then say my product is uses BT 4.2?

I understand most of the BT 5.0 stuff requires a HW update, but I'm getting mixed reviews about 4.2 stuff.

thanks for your time.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Nicholas,

CYBLE-022001 is 4.1 compliant module. It won't support the 4.2 features like Data length extension or LE secure connection.

If you want to use any of the 4.2 features you have to choose our 4.2 compliant modules.

Latest module roadmap is available here: Cypress Modules Roadmap | Cypress Semiconductor

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Nicholas,

CYBLE-022001 is 4.1 compliant module. It won't support the 4.2 features like Data length extension or LE secure connection.

If you want to use any of the 4.2 features you have to choose our 4.2 compliant modules.

Latest module roadmap is available here: Cypress Modules Roadmap | Cypress Semiconductor

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes