problem in enumarating endpoints in the control center using GPIFTOUSB firmaware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BaAd_2759041
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi all here I am building elf by using firmware example gpiftousb  provided by cypress for superspeed device(fx3).

after generating elf I am trying to boot it from control center ,but the device is not enumerating , I mean not detecting any endpoints.

I didn't do any changes in program, hence its have no errors.

I just built elf and tried to boot control center by the  generated elf.

0 Likes
1 Solution

yea I got it , actually  the hardware working with is FX3S, so he FX3S has 16bit GPIF so  The firmware had 32 bit GPIFconfig.h fie,

here I designed the GPIF for 16 bit and replaced the gpif2config.h file.

now its working properly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

The final firmware binary is not the elf file but the img file. If you are using Eclipse IDE for building the code, it will generate the GpifToUsb.img file which you can load through Control Center.

0 Likes

yea I know its GpifToUsb.img file, I am trying to load the same file but its not enumerating and not detecting endpoints.

can I get documents to work with GpifToUsb firmware example.

0 Likes

Please find the steps below:

1) Open Cypress Control Center application.

2) You should be able to see Cypress FX3 Bootloader Device in the Control Center

3) Select Program->FX3->RAM and download the Gpif2USB.img example

4) The FX3 device will re-enumerate and come up as a Cypress FX3 Streamer Example (VID:04B4, PID:00F1)

If you are not able to see the Streamer Example device, please open Device Manager and check whether the device has come up as an unknown device. Please see if it is still installing drivers after the firmware is downloaded.

0 Likes

I am doing the same thing, everything is fine the device is detecting in  device manager, the .img is also generating ,

when I try to boot in control center it's not re-enumerating, so endpoints are not detecting.

0 Likes

Can you share your firmware image and the screenshot of the Device Manager?

0 Likes

sure. here are the .img file and device manager screenshot.

0 Likes

The Device Manager screenshot says the device is in bootloader mode. Can you share the screenshot after downloading the firmware to RAM? Menawhile I will try to test your binary at my end too

0 Likes

there is no change in that its showing same . because its not enumerating.

afterboot.PNG

0 Likes

I followed the steps I sent you earlier and downloaded the image sent by you. I am able to see the StreamerExample device. Please see the screenshot below.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

please can I get firmware code you are using , .

I am using default one which comes with SDK ,

0 Likes

I used the same Gpif2USB.img image file that you sent me.

0 Likes

oh yea sir , then I think problem with hardware??

0 Likes

It could a problem with the hardware. Try using other USB ports too. If  you were trying on USB3.0 ports so far, try once on USB2.0 port as well.

0 Likes

yea sir after, you said that its working with you, I tried with different usb ports and usb cables also, its not working at all,

but it will detect endpoints  for slavefifo firmware and bulkloop  firmware, that's why I couldn't able to judge, whether the hardware fault or anything else.

0 Likes

yea I got it , actually  the hardware working with is FX3S, so he FX3S has 16bit GPIF so  The firmware had 32 bit GPIFconfig.h fie,

here I designed the GPIF for 16 bit and replaced the gpif2config.h file.

now its working properly.

0 Likes