How to connect SWD_DAT, SWD_CLK, AXRES, FB pins in CCG3PA?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am designing a mobile phone charger using CCG3PA chip. The input will be a motor power supplies about 5V and expected output would be about 5V too. I have designed the schematic similar to Figure 7 in the datasheet, and I have encountered the following questions:

1. Would it be fine if I use 16-pin instead of the 24 pins?

2.  How should I connect FB pin if my input is 5V already with out the voltage divider?

3.  The datasheet mentioned that I would need a programming hardware, but I do not need data transfer for my purpose, would this be necessary for me? Also, how should I connect SWD_DAT, SWD_CLK, and AXRES if I would need it?

Thanks

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Zhi-he Lai,

Kindly refer below comments:

>> Based on your requirements, it is fine to use 24pin. The difference between 16 pin and 24 pin is bootloader and feedback way.

2.  How should I connect FB pin if my input is 5V already with out the voltage divider?

>> Let it folating.

3.  The datasheet mentioned that I would need a programming hardware, but I do not need data transfer for my purpose, would this be necessary for me? Also, how should I connect SWD_DAT, SWD_CLK, and AXRES if I would need it?

>> This is depends on your application. If you could like to use SWD programming, the pin you should reserved is pin#7, pin#8 , pin#23 and GND for power Cycle mode.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Zhi-he Lai,

Kindly refer below comments:

>> Based on your requirements, it is fine to use 24pin. The difference between 16 pin and 24 pin is bootloader and feedback way.

>> Let it folating.

>> This is depends on your application. If you could like to use SWD programming, the pin you should reserved is pin#7, pin#8 , pin#23 and GND for power Cycle mode.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't understand that, so let me clarify my question further:

when you said "float" the FB pin, did you mean connect it to ground or to

input voltage?

As far as the programming pins go, I am not sure what it's used for. If I

don't use them (ground them directly), will the chip work? i.e. supplying

power to the type-c receptacle.

Also, I know I put up a picture with 24 pins, but I am intending to use 16

pins chip.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi Zhi-he Lai,

1. Floating meant DO NOT connect. If you could like to wire out with TEST POINT, It is recommended.

2. The programming pin in is for firmware upgrade and programming. Strongly recommend you keep it as wire out with TEST POINT for firmware debug.

3. Whatever you use 24 pin or 16 pin, above comments is same.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes