How can I see how much memory use the program from the MCU - flash and RAM ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeGu_352656
Level 2
Level 2

How can I see how much memory use the program from the MCU - flash and RAM ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Currently, PSoC Creator 4.2 is not showing the total amount of SRAM/FLASH when compiling PSoC 6 projects.

The Software team is evaluating how to proper calculate the amount of memory. There are some complications when handling dual-core generated code.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In Creator 4.1 after a successful build the required flash and sram amounts are presented in green colour in the notice list window.

Bob

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for fast reply. I have had to give more details. It is Creator 4.2 and I use PSoC6 development kit. There is no any info for the memory used.

pastedImage_0.png

I made one change in the source code, cleaned and rebuilt the project after this and the result was again the same - no info about the usage. I checked .rpt and .map files, but again there is no such an info!?

0 Likes

Yes, that's why I mentioned 4.1

In 4.2 have a look at the Resource meter, there is a memory section.

Bob

0 Likes

Yes I looked, but I could not find there too

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Currently, PSoC Creator 4.2 is not showing the total amount of SRAM/FLASH when compiling PSoC 6 projects.

The Software team is evaluating how to proper calculate the amount of memory. There are some complications when handling dual-core generated code.

0 Likes

OK,

But how can I have a feedback how much memory I have and how can I be sure that my code is not in critical levels?

It is very important issue for my project and I need to know somehow the memory usage, even with 5 to 10% tolerance.

0 Likes

You can take a look at the memory map files generated by Creator. They will list all variables allocated (SRAM and FLASH) and functions.

0 Likes
PeGu_352656
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you

0 Likes