The board is not recognized via USB micro-B port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I put my CY8CKIT-059 in the PC using USB port on the KitProg side, it was recognized. I can see that in the device manager.

But after I program into the target and connect the board using USB micro-B on the target board side, it was not recognized. What am I missing?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi

What firmware/project did you program on to target PSoC 5LP device before connecting the kit to PC through USB micro-B cable?

Please try programming the CE95394 HID Mouse code example on to the target device and see if the kit is enumerated successfully through USB micro-B.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi

What firmware/project did you program on to target PSoC 5LP device before connecting the kit to PC through USB micro-B cable?

Please try programming the CE95394 HID Mouse code example on to the target device and see if the kit is enumerated successfully through USB micro-B.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried CE95394 HID Mouse through USB micro-B and it worked!

What my program does is PC sends a number to the board using Putty and if the number is 1, the LED on board turns on and if the number is 0, the LED turns off. UART is used for communication.

I thought if I programed on to target and connected it through USB micro-B, it would work. But it wouldn't.

Should I add any components for USB or install device drivers?

0 Likes

If you want to access UART over USB, connect the KitProg side of the USB to your computer and select the KitProg USB-UART (COM#) port in Putty for communication.

Please refer to KitProg USB-UART Bridge section of KitProg User Guide for setup details.

Cheers!

0 Likes