Need utility to read and program SPI flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I find out that from the SDK package there are several example code to program .img file into SPI flash,

but I never find a sample code to read from SPI flash to a file. I only find out read verify firmware segment

on the fly while programming the SPI.

Can Cypress customer support team have this kind of example code ?

Thanks,

Henry

0 Likes
1 Solution
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

You can read or write the contents from the SPI flash using the Control Center application and the USBFlashProg firmware. For the USB vendor commands that support SPI read, write or erase. please refer to the readme file of the USBFlashProg firmware which is a part of the FX3 SDK. Once you load this firmware into FX3 RAM, you can issue vendor commands through Control Center and save the contents into a file by using "Transfer File" button.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ManaskantD_51
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

You can read or write the contents from the SPI flash using the Control Center application and the USBFlashProg firmware. For the USB vendor commands that support SPI read, write or erase. please refer to the readme file of the USBFlashProg firmware which is a part of the FX3 SDK. Once you load this firmware into FX3 RAM, you can issue vendor commands through Control Center and save the contents into a file by using "Transfer File" button.

0 Likes