Write Using Characteristic Uuid?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Zaborpila
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

Checking the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 3.30 component Datasheet, among the GATT Client Functions I found functions to read a characteristic using either its UUID or its handle to define the characteristic you want to read from:

GattcReadCharacteristicValue

GattcReadUsingCharacteristicUuid

But, in the case of writing there is no function available to write to a characteristic using  the UUID of the characteristic as reference. You can only use the handle as reference to define the characteristic you want to write to using this function (among others):

GattcWriteCharacteristicValue

Is there a reason for this limitation, I mean is there a reason for not having a GattcWriteUsingCharacteristicUuid kind of function?

In case I know the UUID of a characteristic I want to write to but I don't know its handle, which is the simplest  and quickest sequence I could follow in order to obtain its handle and be able to use GattcWriteCharacteristicValue? Maybe using GattcDiscoverCharacteristicByUuid?

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello,

The APIs are made with respect to the BLE Core Spec by Bluetooth SIG.

According to the spec, there is option for Read using UUID. Gatt write with UUID is not defined by Spec.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello,

The APIs are made with respect to the BLE Core Spec by Bluetooth SIG.

According to the spec, there is option for Read using UUID. Gatt write with UUID is not defined by Spec.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes