Setting the clock speed on the cy8c5888

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the cy8ckit-059 sample of the c8yc5888.  I want to set the cpu clock to 80 mhz, but the page where it is set is read only.  Is there a way to change it.  I'm trying to validate a design before selecting this part.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

You can edit the Clock settings either by double-clicking on the clocks table or by selecting the 'Edit Clock' option as shown in the this image.

Clock1.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

You can edit the Clock settings either by double-clicking on the clocks table or by selecting the 'Edit Clock' option as shown in the this image.

Clock1.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. The edit Clock button as shown in the picture is grayed out. The part on the board is a cy8c5888 which suggests it can be 80mhz.

0 Likes

PSoC Creator requires write access on project files to make edits. Please copy the project to a location where the user has write access (say user Desktop folder) and remove the read-only attribute from all project files. Now open the project in PSoC Creator and see whether your are able to edit the Clock settings.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea why I can edit the clock now, but couldn't earlier.  It's the same project, another day.

I have been able to boost it to 75 Mhz, but so far, not to 80 without it throwing up red exclamation marks.  What are the settings for 80 Mhz?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I figured out why it was read only.  The target was still running.  so problem solved.  And the reason I cant get above 75 Mhtz is because with tolerances on the IMO Thats as fast as you can go without exceeding 80 Mhz on the CPU.  80 might be achievable with and external xtal.

0 Likes