The CYW20706 was not detected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I just stated working with the CYW92076WCDEVAL evaluation kit and I'm following the "CYW920706WCDEVAL Kit Guide" in order to get the "hello sensor" demo working, but when I start the download ( demo.hello_sensor-CYW920706WCDEVAL download ) I get this message:

Detecting device...

********* Detection Failure *************

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| The CYW20706 was not detected. Verify that the device is connected, power-cycle if       |

| necessary, and retry.                                                                    |

| Please see Appendix sections in the Kit Guide for common com port problems.              |

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Even though I'm able to detect both /dev/ttyWICED_HCI_UART0 and /dev/ttyWICED_PUART1.

All the dip switches and jumpers are in their correct positions too.

I've tried the make command "demo.hello_sensor-CYW920706WCDEVAL download UART=/dev/ttyWICED_HCI_UART0" with no success. That throws:

Downloading application...

********* Download Failure *************

| Power cycle the CYW920706WCDEVAL board and retry.                                        |

| If this problem persists, the serial flash on the board may be corrupted.                |

| Please see Appendix D in the Kit Guide for recovery instructions.                        |

Download failed. This WICED platform of the SDK only supports download to 20706A2 device.

So I tried to recover the board (steps described in Appendix D), but that doesn't work either.

I know the board works because when I open a terminal on port /dev/ttyWICED_PUART1 I'm able to see the "hello sensor" traces (the board is shipped preloaded with that sample application).

For more information, this is my setup:

Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS x86_64

WICED Studio 6.0

Thank you in advance

Luis CRUZ

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

There is an additional step while working in an Linux environment. Did you perform the step described in Appendix C in the above mentioned Kit Guide?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

There is an additional step while working in an Linux environment. Did you perform the step described in Appendix C in the above mentioned Kit Guide?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did that too. It's still not working though.

Any idea?

0 Likes

Sorry I currently don't have a 64bit setup. I will let other users to take this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't found the answer. I'm now working on Windows.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you made sure that HCI UART port is not opened in any terminals ?

0 Likes

hello,Did you find the answer?