How to verify A2DP application provided with WICED Studio 5.0 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please assist as I am a beginer

0 Likes
1 Solution
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

To verify that you have the application working:

1. Download to your 2070x based EVAL board.

2. The app will then become discoverable. If you have an iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and click "wiced a2dp" when it appears.

3. Once connected, play audio from any other app on the iPhone. You should no longer hear audio from your phone. Instead, it will be routed through the BT connection.

4. Unless you have an external codec wired up to the EAL board, you will unfortunately not hear audio. however, you can verify the presence of audio by connecting a logic analyzer to the i2s bus. This bus is where the audio data presents by default (see schematic of your board to find the pins). Clicking pause on the iPhone should result in the i2s bus going silent.

It will also be helpful to run UART traces at the same time to watch the A2DP stream events occur.

Jacob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Good place to start: WICED Training Videos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the videos do not talk about Bluetooth. Can you direct me to Bluetooth related traning videos, please ?

0 Likes

Unfortunately, nothing exists for specific BT development.

The videos referenced above are appropriate for getting development kits up and running inside of WICED and understanding the build and development environment.  For specific application development, the sample applications are the best place to start.

0 Likes
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

To verify that you have the application working:

1. Download to your 2070x based EVAL board.

2. The app will then become discoverable. If you have an iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and click "wiced a2dp" when it appears.

3. Once connected, play audio from any other app on the iPhone. You should no longer hear audio from your phone. Instead, it will be routed through the BT connection.

4. Unless you have an external codec wired up to the EAL board, you will unfortunately not hear audio. however, you can verify the presence of audio by connecting a logic analyzer to the i2s bus. This bus is where the audio data presents by default (see schematic of your board to find the pins). Clicking pause on the iPhone should result in the i2s bus going silent.

It will also be helpful to run UART traces at the same time to watch the A2DP stream events occur.

Jacob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

0 Likes