Radiotap headers supported with WICED ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Is it possible to confirm if the radiotap headers are supported by WICED ? Radiotap - Defined Fields

If yes, is there a document or file that would provide a list of the ones that are defined and available?

Radiotop headers are not standard and may or may not be available. I understand this is based on the driver as well as the radio. I am thinking Broadcom/Cypress may have carried the information one way or another, just need some confirmation.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

I checked WICED Studio 6.0 which is available to the community and found that the information for radiotap headers is only found in \WICED\platform\MCU\BCM4390x\peripherals\include\proto\ieee80211_radiotap.h. The WICED SDK version in which I checked previously is not available to the broad market.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

May I know the Wi-Fi chip that you are using? I could only find information on radiotap headers in /43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/test/wl_tool/43012C0/shared/bcmwifi/src/bcmwifi_radiotap.c. Also why do you need radiotap headers? Please elaborate your requirement.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I do not have the path mentioned above in the 5.1 SDK. The 43012C0 is not listed. The only file that I can find on radio tap is under: ./43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/BCM4390x/peripherals/include/proto/ieee80211_radiotap.h

I think at this point we are trying to interpret the extra data coming back from the radio. There are extra bytes that have been identified as radio tap information and we are trying to figure out the meaning of it.

I just need to know if the file above is the only information available currently on this.

Any extra information is welcome.

Thank you!

0 Likes

mickael.toumi_1583836 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I do not have the path mentioned above in the 5.1 SDK.

It's in SDK-5.2.0.

0 Likes

The radiotap fields are defined in ieee80211_radiotap.h. If you are using WICED SDK 6.0, there are functions defined in \libraries\test\wl_tool\43012C0\shared\bcmwifi\src\bcmwifi_radiotap.c for parsing.

Hi grsr

The file is not available in the latest SDK (see picture). I also ran a search on the whole folder for the bcmwifi_radiotap.c it is nowhere to be found (see picture). The 43012C0 is removed from the folder.

I still can find the header file in: /WICED/platform/MCU/BCM4390x/peripherals/include/proto/ieee80211_radiotap.h

Would you be able to send me this bcmwifi_radiotap.c file?

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 10.25.10 AM.png

0 Likes

grsr

Your initial statement appears to assume the user has the Early Adopter version of the SDK as the 43012 is not supported in the broad market today.

0 Likes

I checked WICED Studio 6.0 which is available to the community and found that the information for radiotap headers is only found in \WICED\platform\MCU\BCM4390x\peripherals\include\proto\ieee80211_radiotap.h. The WICED SDK version in which I checked previously is not available to the broad market.

Radiotap headers are not supported within the Broad Market.

0 Likes

mifo wrote:

grsr

Your initial statement appears to assume the user has the Early Adopter version of the SDK as the 43012 is not supported in the broad market today.

Actually, the libraries/test/wl_tool/43012C0/shared/bcmwifi/src/bcmwifi_radiotap.c

is in sdk-5.2 (As I mentined in previous post).

Somehow, it's no longer exist in sdk-6.0.x.

0 Likes