Creator for Mac

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Is there any intention to develop a version of Creator for the Mac

cheers Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

As Carlos mentioned, you will need VM software to run Creator on a MAC. We don't have support and don't plan to support Creator for MAC OS. However, with our future tools, we are planning to support MAC OS and other OS's. Be on the look out for new tools from us in the 2018 year.

Thanks and let me know if you have other questions!

Regards,

Michi Yoneda

View solution in original post

10 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

I don't think so, but Alan Hawse use a Virtual Machine running Windows on a Mac host.

The support for Creator running on other OSes than Windows is not official tho.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

As Carlos mentioned, you will need VM software to run Creator on a MAC. We don't have support and don't plan to support Creator for MAC OS. However, with our future tools, we are planning to support MAC OS and other OS's. Be on the look out for new tools from us in the 2018 year.

Thanks and let me know if you have other questions!

Regards,

Michi Yoneda

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Michi

0 Likes

please consider: http://zephyrproject.org/

0 Likes

Hi iym,

Under latest codeweavers Crossover, PSOC creator installs and builds projects.  You can do editing and compiling.  The visual editor works to some extent.  Some links using the embedded IE engine do not work properly.

Since you use  gdb with psoc creator, it would be possible to debug if you write a mac or linux driver to the kitprog.  That, and working with codeweavers to fix some of the graphics issues under .NET would get you there.  Under this option, you can keep *all* of your code proprietary that needs to be proprietary, including the third party code.  I would be willing to help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did I miss them or were there no new tool tools in 2018. All I saw were more windows releases

0 Likes

Hello Sir,

Please let me know if their are any other tools for PSOC Creator to be run on MAC.

0 Likes

The new IDE for at the moment PSoC 6 and Cypress Wifi and BT products is called Modus Toolbox and is running on Win, Mac and Linux.

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

PSoC creator team:
Do not spend your time and time of another people. Provide an ability to use command line tool and your IDE will not be needed. Do not try reinvent hot water. There is a lot of another IDE in the world which you will never create because it can be more expensive than all of your business.

Think about developers who needs support and automate build scripts.

Think about another people in the world who created doxygen and git do not broke their hand. 

0 Likes

Michi Yoneda,

Ok just wonder that there is ARM computers in the world and VM will not work on them. 

Be honest: PSoC creator on 99,999999999999999% just run GCC compiler another one it is weird strange things which can be done as it done by ST company or TI with their usual SDK. 

May be you need to create something like STM32Cude and provide it as is.

PS: PSoC creator break friendly development  

0 Likes