Cylakit cyble-022001 PSoC Creator not able to find BLE component. Path problem?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in June of this year I bought a Cylakit e-02 and installed all the software required to flash the beacon. At that time I was trying to get the kit to work as an eddystone beacon. I was provided a file called Simple_Eddystone_0.zip, which worked perfectly. Last week I bought 15 more beacons and was going to flash them with new URLs but the PSoC creator software is no longer working. I tried uninstalling. I tried re-installing. I tried everything I can think of. I am getting an error regarding the BLE component, but I do not know what to do about it or why it is appearing. Here is some info about the error:

sdb.M0033: The instance 'BLE', of component BLE_v3_30, contains an error. Unable to load symbol 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.0\PSoC Creator\psoc\content\cycomponentlibraryupdates\CyComponentLibraryUpdates.cylib\BLE_v3_30\BLE_v3_30.cysym' for component 'BLE_v3_30'. Parameter is not valid.

Parameters: The most common kind of error in a component instance is that its configuration is incorrect, invalid, or unsupported. For example, the component may require a clock frequency that is not available given the current system clock configuration. Dependencies: If the component cannot be found try looking at the project's dependencies. Make sure that the "Component" depenedencies are correct.

I downloaded the software from the web page for the Cylakit.e-02. I tried the .iso file as well as the complete software dowload. They are all giving the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I just reloaded all the software and the first error I see is this:

Symbol file for instance "BLE" of component "BLE_v3_30" not found. Can't edit current instance. Check your search path.

The files seems to be exactly where the program is looking for it.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just some additional info. I have upgraded my OS to windows 10. And the problem has resolved itself with no additional tinkering on my part. It just worked instantly after the upgrade.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi Tom,

PSoC Creator 4.0 supports BLE_v3_20 component where as your project is using BLE_v3_30 which is the reason for this error. You can either download the latest PSoC Creator 4.1 in the following link or change the component version by Project->Update Components in your current PSoC Creator.

PSoC® Creator™ Integrated Design Environment (IDE)

If you are still facing any issue, attach the project which you want to program.

Thanks,

Yuva.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

e.pratt_1639216yuvathodg_2481266

Can all of you reply to this thread.  I am trying to troubleshoot a strange issue reported by yuva

If you need to attach something, when you click "reply", select the "Use advanced editor" button in the top right corner of the reply-box to open a reply editor that has more buttons for attaching files and such.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just some additional info. I have upgraded my OS to windows 10. And the problem has resolved itself with no additional tinkering on my part. It just worked instantly after the upgrade.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a reply, but it looks like thodg_2481266​'s issue went away with OS update/upgrade.